- Location: Bratislava, Slovakia | Remote
- Freelance, Max 80 hours/month
- 15+€/hour on Invoice (based on experience)
Impact Games is looking for a talented Game Designer, preferably with prior experience with developing XR games, to join our international team. Your role will be to develop game design for the mobile educational game with elements of augmented reality about the historical and cultural heritage. We are developing the game in partnership with UNESCO and Art Rebel 9.
- Lead full game design production of the game with elements of augmented reality
- Conceptualize, implement, and maintain gameplay systems that achieve a fulfilling flow state, a risk/reward balance and meet predefined (educational) goals
- Develop the storyline, character back-stories, and dialogue, through scripts and storyboards, including any relevant research
- Develop and maintain comprehensive game design document
- Work closely with UX/UI designer to ensure players have the best experience
- Support game testing process
- Strong Game design experience in the free-to-play industry
- Understanding of XR games development, preferably proven experience in developing such games
- Ability to create an accessible and inclusive game design for children and youth
- Preferred experience in designing educational and/or serious games
- Ability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary international team based across a number of countries, good communication skills and ability to gather inputs and implement ideas of actors with various interests and backgrounds is necessary
- Fluent in English language, preferably also Slovak language
What’s In It For You?
- Flexible Hours
- Remote friendly
- Opportunity to work on meaningful project improving education in Slovakia and beyond
Impact Games brings education to games and play to schools. We are a select multidisciplinary team of educators, creatives, developers, graphic artists, game designers, and communication specialists. We develop attractive and inviting games that bring up active, critically thinking & thoughtful problem-solving citizens, who are encouraged to envision a desirable and healthy future.
How to apply?
If you are interested to join our team, submit your CV & portfolio to email@example.com. Applications are open till January 22nd, 2023. We are looking forward to hearing from you!